SWIMMING LESSONS INSTRUCTOR
We are looking to hire an experienced swim instructor to help children ages 6 months (parent/me) to 12 years old develop proper swimming techniques and skills at Alpine Camp Pool for our swimming lessons program.
The swim instructor’s responsibilities include evaluating each student’s performance during swim sessions and providing feedback to parents, completing attendance, progress, and accident reports, and ensuring that all swimming aids and equipment are in good working order. You should also be able to assist students who are afraid of water or with special needs to help them socialize with other students.
To be successful as a swim instructor, you should demonstrate patience and enthusiasm and be able to motivate students to accomplish their swimming goals. Ultimately, an exceptional swim instructor should be able to communicate effectively with students and ensure that all water safety rules are adhered to.
Swim Instructor Responsibilities:
- Teaching swimming techniques, swimming strokes, and water safety rules to students with varying swimming abilities.
- Assisting more experienced swimmers to enhance their swimming abilities.
- Assessing the progress of students and adjusting teaching programs accordingly.
- Monitoring students to prevent accidents and injuries.
- Implementing ground rules for each swim session.
- Planning swimming lessons that take into account students’ abilities and progressive development.
- Identifying incorrect swimming techniques and correcting students accordingly.
- Ensuring that the swimming pool and locker rooms are kept clean and tidy.
Swim Instructor Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Proven experience working as a swim instructor or lifeguard.
- CPR, First Aid, and American Red Cross Water Safety Instructor or Basic Swim Instructor (BSI) certifications.
- Sound knowledge of proper swimming techniques and water safety rules.
- Strong swimming abilities.
- Excellent conflict resolution skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Passionate and enthusiastic.
RECREATION LEADER - After School Program
Now accepting applications - Open until filled
The Rim of the World Recreation and Park District is now accepting applications for Part-Time Recreation Leaders. All applicants must enjoy working with children, creating and administering daily activities/programs in a nurturing yet, fun, and enthusiastic disposition. Existing CPR/First Aid Certificate a plus. Applicant must be willing and able to travel across the Rim Mountain Community for different Park District Program Sites and locations. Must be 18 and older.
Applications are available online (download below), at the Park District Office, or send a request for job application to email@example.com. Please call the Park District Office, (909) 337-PARK (7275) if you have any questions.